BETA token is
BETA is the governance token of Beta Finance.
BETA token is used for
- Governance of the protocol
What is BETA Finance?
BETA finance is a money market for lending/borrowing that also enables shorting of assets including the long-tail of tokens.
How BETA Finance works
A lender deposits their token in one of the verified markets and earns interest. Lenders can earn high APY even on the long-tail of assets.
A borrower deposits collateral in token A and receives token B.
- A short seller deposits collateral in Token A.
- A lenders Token B is swapped for Token A on SushiSwap or Uniswap and returned to the short sellers account.
- A short seller can close the position and Token A is swapped for Token B.
The protocol starts with a couple of verified markets and will increase these going forward. And the markets are assed on different risk parameters.
ALPHA stakers earn BETA through staking:
- Number of tokens staked
- Time staked
Staking and distribution takes place:
- 6 months from Aug 18.
The token will also be airdropped to users of the protocol from Aug 18 – Sep 29.
Tokenomics BETA token
Total supply: 1 000 000 000
- 5% – Binance Launchpad
- 5% – Alpha Stakers
- ? – Airdrop
- ? – Investors
- Binance Launchpad – $0.06 (50 000 000 tokens)