CRO is the native utility coin of crypto.com. CRO powers the overall Crypto.com ecosystem, across payment, trading and financial services.
What CRO coin is used for
Crypto.com Pay & Chain
- Stake CRO as validator on the Crypto.com Chain and earn fees on the network.
- Earn up to 20% cash back paying merchants online and offline.
- Receive token rewards for selected token listings on the Crypto.com App based on CRO token staked in app.
- Stake CRO and earn up to 10% p.a. on Crypto.com exchange.
- Get discounted trading fees when staking & paying with CRO on Crypto.com exchange.
- Get better interest rate with CRO tokens staked of up to 12% p.a.
- Lower annual interest rate (APR) at 8%.
What is crypto.com
Crypto.com an ecosystem developed to tackle the challenges in crypto adoption.
- Payments (Crypto.com Pay, Visa Card).
- Trading (Crypto.com App, Crypto.com Exchange).
- Financial services (Decentralized Finance Products, Crypto Earn, Crypto Credit).
Crypto.com chain is being developed.
- Designed for mobile payments.
- Runs on Tendermint Core BFT.
- 1 second finality
- POS / POA
CRO coin issuance
Total supply: 100 000 000 000
- 10% for Community development (10 Billion CRO).
- 30% for Secondary distribution & Launch Incentives (30 Billion CRO).
- 20% Network Long-term Incentives (20 Billion CRO).
- 20% Capital Reserve (20 Billion CRO).
- 20% Ecosystem Grants (20 Billion CRO).
Both the wallets for Capital Reserve and Network Long-Term Incentives will be frozen for 3 years (until November 7th, 2022). The wallet for Ecosystem Grant will be frozen until the launch of Crypto.com Chain Mainnet.
The wallet for secondary distribution and launch incentives has 30% of the total CRO supply. This wallet will receive a daily token supply through a smart contract starting from Nov 14, 2018. The total duration of this distribution is 5 years.