GRT token is the work token for The Graph Protocol.
GRT token is used for
- Incentivize every step of the Graph protocol
- Remove single points of failure and decentralize the protocol.
What is The Graph
The Graph is a protocol for organizing blockchain data and making it easily accessible.
Currently being used by some of the most popular projects
GRT token in-depth
Node operators stake GRT to provide indexing and query processing services.
- Query fees
- Indexer rewards
Signal which APIs should be indexed by indexers.
- Deposit GRT into a bonding curve to signal on a specific subgraph
- Earn a portion of query fees for the subgraphs they signal on; incentivizing the highest quality data sources.
- The earlier they signal the more GRT they earn.
Delegate GRT to Indexers and they earn a portion of query fees and indexing rewards in return.
Query subgraphs and pay query fees to the Indexers, Curators and Delegators.
- Indexers are slash if they are malicious and serve incorrect data to applications or if they index incorrectly.
- Curators and Delegators have a withdrawal tax to disincentivize poor decision making.
- Curators earn lees fees on poor subgraphs since not as many people will use them.
Designed to encourage Indexers to allocate stake in proportion to the amount of query fees they earn for the network.
They will receive back exactly 100% of their contributed fees back as a rebate.
- 1% of query fees.
- The Withdrawal tax for Curators and Delegators.
- Unclaimed rebate rewards
GRT token issuance
Starting supply: 10 billion tokens
Inflation: indexing rewards will begin at 3% annually (subject to change through governance).
- Amount for sale: 400,000,000 preGRT (400,000,000 GRT)
- Token Price: $.03/preGRT
- Currency Accepted: ETH
- Early backers: 17%
- Backers: 17%
- Early team and advisors: 23%
- Edge node: 8%
- Community: 35%