GTC token is
GTC is the governance token of Gitcoin.
GTC token is used for
How could value accrue to the token?
- No specific fees, staking or locking yet.
What is Gitcoin?
Gitcoin is a platform to fund open source development using quadratic funding.
How Gitcoin works
Individuals fund projects and creators in quarterly round on Gitcoin. Larger pools of capital match contributions made by individual contributors.
- Grant 1 gets $100 from 1 funder.
- Grant 2 gets $100 from 10 funders.
- Grant 1 gets $10 in matching, Grant 2 gets $190 in matching.
Read more here.
GTC is launched to further decentralize Gitcoin with a DAO. Tokens are retroactively airdropped to contributors, kept in the DAO for future contributors and given to current stakeholders.
- Decentralize grants
- Manage disputes
- Govern the treasury.
Read more in forum post.
Total supply: 100 000 000
- 15% – Retroactive Airdrop
- 50% – Gitcoin DAO
- 35% – Existing Stakeholders