What is MEDIA token?
MEDIA is the utility and governance token for Media Network.
What is the MEDIA token used for?
- Data transfer fees
- Buyback and burn
- Staking to earn protocol rewards
What is Media Network?
Media Network is a decentralized protocol where users stream and publish content peer-2-peer.
How does Media Network work?
Media Network uses a system called MediaPeerPool. It can be used as a CDN but it is CDN agnostic.
All viewers and downloaders of a specific file share parts of it to each other via webRTC based on latency and location. This approach can reduce CDN bandwith costs by up to 99%.
Media Consensus is a type of proof of stake. Malicious nodes can get slashed their full stake. With 20% of their stake being sent to the node the elected it and 80% to the staking and rewards fund.
The Media Foundation is a creating a Media App to interact with the Solana blockchain.
The Media Network token is deflationary and has a fixed supply. The token exists on Solana and Ethereum.
- It powers the ecosystem as bandwith credits.
- To earn rewards you need staked LP MEDIA tokens.
- Anyone with $10 000 of MEDIA can create a proposal.
- Quorum: Majority and atleast 1M MEDIA
Total supply: 10 000 000
- 22,5% – Ecosystem
- 20% – Staking and rewards
- 20% – Team
- 15% – Tech and Infrastructure
- 10% – Pre-seed
- 6% – Advisors
- 5% – Liquidity
- 0.5% – IDO