OCEAN token is
The utility and governance token of Ocean Protocol.
OCEAN token is used for
- Governance of the protocol
- Staking on Data markets
- Fund projects over time
How could value accrue to the OCEAN token?
- Staking on data markets for OCEAN rewards and fees.
What is Ocean Protocol?
Ocean Protocol is a project to build data markets. Every data market has it’s own ERC-20 token and is traded against the token.
How Ocean Protocol works
A data publisher creates a datatoken with OCEAN as the base pair. Token holders stake on datamarkets to earn trading fees.
3 Layers of Ocean Protocol
- The lowest level has the smart contracts.
- Top layer has applications like Ocean Market.
- Onboard data services
- Hold datatokens as assets
- Discover and buy / sell datatokens
- Consume data services
The publishers uses Ocean Datatoken Factory to deploy a new datatoken to the chain.
The token will be deployed on:
OCEAN token Isssuance
Total supply: 1.41B
Circulating supply: 347 000 000
- 20% – Founders
- 15% – Presale
- 5% – Foundation
- 60% – Nodes, Rewards
Presale price: 0.22€.