RUNE token is
The utility and governance token of Thorchain.
RUNE token is used for
- Security (Sybil-resistance)
- Governance (listing of assets and signalling which assets to discontinue)
- Incentives (Rewards, Fees, Gas subsidies)
How could value accrue to RUNE token?
- Swaps are charged both a fixed network fee, as well as a dynamic slip-based fee.
Staking / locking
- RUNE is the base token and is pooled against every other token. Maximum reward payout is when 2/3 of the pool is RUNE.
- Bond for node operators.
vs. other projects
- Thorchain subsidizes gas for node operators and pays them in RUNE.
How Thorchain Works
Thorchain enables swaps of coins and tokens between different blockchains.
- Thorchain runs on Tendermint and Cosmos SDK.
- Thorchain uses Proof of stake for consensus.
Thorchain consists of
- Liquidity providers Paid to provide liquidity – paid from fees
- Swappers: Trade – Fees
- Traders Rebalance pools – Fees
- Node Operators Bond tokens – paid from fees
Total supply: 500 000 000 tokens. Vested over 10 years.
- OP Reserve: 52,500,000
- Community: 52,000,000
- Team: 50,000,000
- Seed: 26,000,000
- Circulating: 99,052,528
- Monthly Thornode incentives: 146,964,981
- Monthly liqudity incentives: 73,482,491