SUSHI is the governance and utility token of Sushiswap.
SUSHI token is used for
What is Sushiswap?
A decentralized exchange and fork of Uniswap protocol.
How Sushiswap works
On Sushiswap users can
- Swap tokens
- Provide liquidity and earn trading fees + Sushi.
- Stake Sushi for xSushi
- Limit orders
- Gasless transactions
- Franchised pools
- and more.
80 SUSHI is created per Ethereum block.
- 10% to Multisig-controlled devfund.
- 90% Yield farm
Liquidity providers on Sushiswap
- Provide liquidity into a pool and earn SUSHI.
- Earn trading fees in the pool.
Of the 0.3% trading fees:
- 0.25% goes to the provider and
- 0.05% is used to buy SUSHI tokens and is shared between xSushi holders.
More in this post.
Max supply: 250 000 000
Ethereum blocks per day: ~5500
Original issuance when the project launched
- 100 000 blocks x 1000 SUSHI = 100 000 000 SUSHI
- 100 000 / 5500 = 18,18
- The first ~18 days.
- 100 000 000 SUSHI
- Then per day
- 5500 x 100 = 55000 SUSHI / day
What’s the story?
- DeFi Hype
- Uniswap with extra incentive mechanisms
- Value add for LPs on the protocol
- Fair token launch